After having pests exterminated from your house in the Perth area, it is always prudent to call in a skilled, qualified electrician in Perth to ensure that your wiring is still safe and intact. The exterminator may have wiped out the termite colony with sprays and baits, or trapped out the local nest of mice, but having your wiring examined and tested by Megalite will give you peace of mind of any potential Fault or fire risk
Strange as it may sound, infestations of animals can also lead to electrical faults and even fires on occasion. For example, termites are known to chew the coating off wires, possibly leading to them shorting out. Megalite Electricians has located faults due to Pests many times, and sometimes they are hard to find such as wiring in inaccessible spaces and in cavity walls.
There are several different results which can ensue after the wiring has been stripped of its covering by the busy mandibles of termites or the ever-growing teeth of rodents such as rats and mice. One possible result is that nothing at all will happen – yet. This is the best case scenario, but the exposed wires are still a potential death trap for anyone who has access to them.
Megalite offers a full suite of electrical inspection and resistance testing that will pinpoint any faults in the electrical system caused by recently exterminated pests. Visit our website or call us today at 0400 475 748!